Thursday, August 11, 2022

The Joy of God's Creation!


There is something about the sound of gentle rain.  It is relaxing and peaceful.  Sometimes you can even smell the rain.  After the rain has stopped you can see the tiny drops of rain hanging onto each blade of grass and you can feel the rain dripping from the branches of the trees.  And falling asleep to the sound of rain, there may not be a better sound to fall asleep to.  When I take the time to notice the simple pleasures of God’s creation, I am amazed at God’s handy work.  

Today I woke up in Wisconsin, in a house on a Lake.  When I looked out on the lake I saw some fog rising off the water.  I heard loons calling out from the lake.  And there was a family of ducks hanging out on the dock.  And again, I am amazed at God’s handy work. 

As the sun breaks the clouds and shadows from the trees appear on the grass, it seems as though the earth is slowly waking up.  The lake seems to welcome the warmth of the sun. I feel very fortunate to be here, I love being on a lake.  Many of you know my family enjoys kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding, and that is what we plan to do. 

Being near a lake also seems to slow things down.  There is no rush to finish your coffee or your breakfast.  No alarm to get you moving, just a time for rest and renewal.  A time to soak in as much of God’s beautiful creation as possible. 

As I spend time soaking up God’s beautiful creation in Wisconsin, I invite you to find time to enjoy God’s beautiful creation.  I invite you to notice the color of a flower, the shape of leaves on the trees, or the dew on the grass.  I give God thanks for creation and the marvelous wonders we are privileged to enjoy. 

God’s Peace, 

Pastor Katrina Steingraeber





No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Deserves a Space

A few years ago, I planted a few beautiful coneflowers in one of the sunniest spots in the yard. The little greenhouse card staked into the ...