Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thank you for the Saints!

Each of us has had someone in our life who have influenced us, inspired us, and impacted our life in some way.  This could be a teacher, a coach, a minister, or anyone who impacted your life.  I give God thanks for the many saints who have impacted my life.  Some of them have gone on to their heavenly home and others are an active part of my life. 

I recently came across a prayer of thanks and praise for the saints.  The prayer is written by Janet Morley.  Here is her prayer…

“For all the saints who went before us who have spoken to our hearts and touched us with your fire, we praise you, O God.    

For all the saints who live beside us whose weaknesses and strengths are woven with our own, we praise you, O God. 

For all the saints who live beyond us who challenge us to change the world with them, we praise you, O God.”

I am thankful for the saints who touched me with their fire.  These saints gave me the determination to pursue ministry and become a pastor.  My love for the church and its work grew thanks to their fire.  I find comfort in knowing that others have weaknesses, just like I do.  I used their strengths to help me improve.  We need strong people in our lives.  Being able to lean on and/or draw from each other’s strengths is needed in many aspects of life, I have found this especially helpful in ministry.  I have found I learn the most and I remember what I have learned when I am the most uncomfortable.  I find this most often when discussing or learning about difficult topics.  I experienced this a lot during seminary, where I was challenged by professors and fellow classmates.  I have learned to lean into the uncomfortable and to listen to other people’s experiences.  This is not easy, but necessary work! 

Who are the saints in your life?  And how have they influenced you or inspired you?  I invite you to take a moment and give God thanks and praise for the saints in your life.  I am truly grateful for all the saints in my life, past and present a like.  I thank God for each of them. 

Peace,

Pastor Katrina Steingraeber  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Deserves a Space

A few years ago, I planted a few beautiful coneflowers in one of the sunniest spots in the yard. The little greenhouse card staked into the ...