Thursday, January 6, 2022

My First Christmas as your Pastor

I often find myself each year after Christmas reflecting on the holiday season.  I reflect on the highs and lows of the season.  I reflect on the times that were full of chaos and on the times that were quiet and still.  I think back on what Christmas was like a few years ago, some memories bring tears to my eye and some make me laugh.  This year I found myself the week leading up to Christmas filled with emotions.  Perhaps I was filled with emotions since this was my first Christmas as an ordained pastor and we were able to worship in person. 

Being able to worship in person on Christmas Eve was amazing.  There is something about the glow of a candle lit sanctuary that just warms my heart.  It is so beautiful.  And the smell of the beeswax candles reminds me of church when I was a little girl.  The children singing during the earlier service was heartwarming.  I love how some of them were singing their hearts out and dancing, while others sang quietly and tapped their toes to the beat.   

This Christmas, my first one as an ordained pastor, was full of emotions.  I was excited to worship in person, a bit nervous to sing the Preface, a little exhausted from the preparations, but overall filled with joy and excitement to worship with you all.  Now that we are past Christmas Eve worship, my heart is still full of joy and excitement.  I am holding on to that joy and excitement, and I will treasure it for a long time.

I am blessed to be your associate pastor and I treasure these first moments as an ordained pastor here at St. Mark.  I pray the joy of the birth of our savior, Jesus, will fill your heart today and always.  I pray that each of you have a Blessed New Year. 

 Peace,

Pastor Katrina Steingraeber


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Deserves a Space

A few years ago, I planted a few beautiful coneflowers in one of the sunniest spots in the yard. The little greenhouse card staked into the ...