Thursday, October 7, 2021

Time with God and God's Creation

I love being outside.  I love working in my yard in the spring, summer, and fall and I enjoy being outside in the winter too, even if that means clearing snow from the driveway with the snowblower.  I recently came across a prayer in a book titled “Earth Prayers from Around the World.”  The prayer was written by Rabbi Nachman of Bratzlav.  Here is the prayer…

“Grant me the ability to be alone,

May it be my custom to go outdoors each day

Among the trees and grasses,

Among all growing things

And there may I be alone,

And enter into prayer

To talk with the one

That I belong to.”

This prayer reminded me that life can be extremely busy and we may forget to spend some time alone with God.  I have found that it is in these extremely busy times that I need time with God even more.  I find that if I am able to get outside even for just a few minutes, it helps.  I feel more relaxed and at one with nature.  I feel connected to God through God’s creation. 

I invite you to find some time to be alone with God.  If being outside isn’t something you enjoy or something that is difficult for you, I encourage you to find a space where you are comfortable to spend time with God. 

 Peace, Pastor Katrina Steingraeber



1 comment:

Courageous Women

March 8 th was International Women’s Day.  It is a day to celebrate and reflect on the progress made on women’s rights and a day to call fo...