Thursday, October 25, 2018

Affirmation of Baptism 2018


Teaching Confirmation is one of my greatest joys at St. Mark. It can be fun to lead silly games or go on a retreat, but the best part for me is to watch how our middle schoolers mature over the course of two years. Between that first Wednesday night and the day they affirm their faith, some of these kids may grow a foot or two, and all of them increase exponentially in their faith. This Sunday, eight of our teenagers will affirm their faith. And while this moment in their lives is just a snapshot, the Bible verses they have chosen to represent that faith speak volumes of the people they have become. Take some time to read these and pray that God continues to dwell richly in their hearts throughout their vibrant lives.
Peace,
Pastor Chad McKenna

Alexander Thomas Ferry
1 Corinthians 10:13
God is faithful, and God will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing God will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Logan John Gehrke
John 20:29
Jesus said, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.”

Jamison Lee Graber
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Brooke Nicole Hamann
Colossians 3:12
As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so also you must forgive.

Emily Anne Johnson
Psalm 139:13-14
For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.

Mason Andrew Martin
John 20:29
Jesus said, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.”

Maggie Layne O’Brien
1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Mason Alexander Westerberg
Psalm 25:4-5
Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Deserves a Space

A few years ago, I planted a few beautiful coneflowers in one of the sunniest spots in the yard. The little greenhouse card staked into the ...